Saturday, November 28, 2009

words fail




























Absolutely beautiful riding for the last week or so, despite some rain and mud. Words are really not sufficient, so I´ll put up some photos.


The only real downside of the last couple days is how terrible the coffee is. When I get excited because the big market may have Nescafe, which is soooo much better than the national brands of instant coffee, which are in turn better than the best $2 cup of coffee I´ve had in a cafe or restaurant all week, well, that is bleak. But the food is great, and the pastries too.

We hoped to go hiking high in the mountains near Bariloche, but the weather is switching back to rain and below freezing windchills. Strong, strong winds are forecast, too. So I may do more updating on here than expected. The bad weather is poorly represented by our photos, since I usually bury the camera in a drybag on the rainy days. But it has poured, and it will pour again, and maybe snow too.
We are off to look for bivy sacks, warm gloves for Karinne, and maybe other things to help out with the grim weather. Our raingear is great, though, I´m forever sold on Marmot Precip stuff.

Despite my complaints about coffee and weather, I´m having a tremendous time, and am thrilled every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home