Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Travelling

Well, not much new to really report. Karinne is wrapping up a fieldtrip to volcanoes in Costa Rica today. I am up in Boquete helping a bit with coffee training for the new group, getting info and making connections for the coffee guys in our site, and doing a bit of work on my own coffee research project.
It is cold here, and sprinking rain, very strange, and welcome actually. I went all day yesterday without sweating, which is an incredible accomplishment. I also got as whacked out on coffee as I have anytime recently, and it was fun, but not really worth it. Though I was drinking the local Geisha, likely the stuff that got second in the best of Panama competition, and also the coffee that got third, and Los Lajones... I just could not stop untill I had trouble focusing my eyes.
We are off to Bocas del Toro tomorrow, to have a brief vacation and visit a couple other volunteers. I look forward to it.
I actually almost didnt make it out here on time, since the driver sunday, who last time was two hours late, showed up 25 minutes early, and I was, hmmmm, indisposed. Fortunately he remembered I had told him I was going, and paused in front of the house, otherwise he would have just flown by, leaving me behind. Ah, yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home